Composition

 Composition 

Framing: Framing refers to using elements of the scene to create a frame. For the window, I used the curtains as a frame. After taking the picture I realized that maybe I should have shown more of the curtain and darkened the frame more. So the focus, which is outside, can people to draw the eye to it more. For the door, I also used outside the door for my subject. Learning from the curtain frame, I darkened the door frame more so your eyes can be drawn to my main focus.


Rule of Third: The rule of thirds involves mentally dividing up your image using 2 horizontal lines and 2 vertical lines. You then position the important elements in your scene along those lines, or at the points where they meet. Aligning a subject with these points creates more tension, energy, and interest in the composition than simply centering the subject. One of my subjects was my father when he was watching a show. I took the picture of him with him intersecting one of these lines. I made sure to leave 1/3 behind him and 2/3 in front of him, to not make people uncomfortable. 



Depth of Feild: Depth of field is the distance between the closest and farthest objects in a photo that appears acceptably sharp. My focus in the picture was the plant, which I noticed I should have been taken a little higher and more focused on. This way you can differentiate between what I'm focusing on and what I'm not.


Deep Focus: A deep shot includes foreground, middle-ground, and extreme-background objects, all in focus. Deep focus keeps both objects, or characters, close-up and far away from the camera in focus. It guides the viewer's attention to something specific in the shot. I noticed that my subject was not really shown. It actually seems that I might not have a subject. My subject was supposed to be the fenced area.


Shallow Focus: Shallow focus is a photographic and cinematic technique incorporating a small depth of field. One plane of the field is focused to emphasize one image over the other, while the rest is out of focus. My subject was a flower and my sister. One of the flowers had a smaller flower which I tried to focus on while the other had a drop of water. For my sister I took a picture of her without her noticing but then she noticed me, so she smiled. I was trying to put the focus on her and show the emotion on her face more.






Focus Pull: The focus pull (AKA rack focus) is a creative technique in which you change focus during a shot, adjusting focus from one subject to another. My first subject was the rose and then I changed the focus to the salt rock behind the rose. I felt that the focus for the salt rock was taken away little as the rose was still in slight focus. So when I take more focus pull compositions, I will try to fix the focus more so you are drawn to the other subject first.





Comments

Popular Posts