CCR Question 4: How did your research inform your products and the way they use or challenge conventions?

CCR Question 4

Video:

Transcript:
4. Hello, my name is Yuliana Magana, candidate number 0523, center number US154. Today I will be answering compulsory question 4. How did your research inform your products and the way they use or challenge conventions? So, let's start with my cover page. I research the many conventions most magazines would include. For example, a masthead, cover lines, the main cover line, barcode, and publishing date. All which you see on my cover page. As you can see, I used a picture of a Hawaiian Hibiscus for my main cover image. Its vibrant colors will help catch the attention of many people while it sits on a shelf in a store. For my masthead, I chose to name my magazine Zaridaina. Zaridaina is garden in Malagasy. I wanted to include the name garden in my magazine title for my audience. So, I researched gardens in different languages to help find or inspire my magazine. Of the many, I had in mine only Zaridaina grasped my attention. As it is a unique way of including the word garden as well as making the title unique. Zaridaina gives the magazine a more elegant feeling to it. To amplify this elegant feeling, I added an elegant font to my masthead. The cover page also has different font styles to grab attention as well. For my table of contents, you see images, headings, subheadings, and page numbers that most magazines have. When you think of plants you mostly think of green. That is where I got my inspiration to have my table of content background green. This represents plant life in my magazine. For my double-page spread, I researched the typical conventions it would have. That is why my double-page spread has images, page number, the article's title, as well as the article itself. For my article, I didn’t want to go for regular tips or tricks, or a beginner's guide. So, I decided to contact Miami Beach Botanical Garden’s head horticulturist for an interview. This is the same place where I took many of my pictures. I ended up interviewing her as well as their beekeeper. 

Comments

Popular Posts